Terms and Conditions
SINGAPORE DAY 2019 LUCKY DRAW
The Singapore Day 2019 Lucky Draw (the “Contest”) is organised by the Government of the Republic of Singapore through the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (the “Organiser”) in conjunction with Singapore Day 2019 (the “Event”), which will take place in Shanghai, China, on 13 April 2019 from 1030 hrs to 1700 hrs (GMT +8:00) (the “Event Date”).
1. The Contest will run from 14 January 2019, 1030 hrs (GMT +8:00) to 10 April 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT+8:00).
2. By taking part in the Contest, the participants (the “Participants”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and to abide by the decisions of the Organiser in relation to and in connection with the Contest. The decisions of the Organiser in all matters relating to the Contest shall be final.
3. To be eligible for the Contest, the Participants must:
- be citizens of Singapore;
- have successfully registered to attend the Event and have been issued with the electronic ticket (“E-Ticket”) for the Event;
- be at least eighteen (18) years old on the Event Date; and
- have been admitted to the venue of the Event on the Event Date.
4. Persons who are involved in the organisation of any part of the Contest or the Event, employees of the Organiser and the immediate family members of such persons or employees are disqualified from participating in the Contest.
5. Immediate family member of a person shall mean the person’s child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, parent-in-law, children-in-law, sibling-in-law and shall include adoptive relationships.How to Enter
6. To be considered for the purposes of this Contest, Participants must register successfully for the Event by 10 April 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT+8:00).Judging Guidelines
7. All registrations shall be subject to the approval of the Organiser, which has the sole discretion to reject such registrations based on reasons including but not limited to venue constraint, etc.
8. Two winning registration entries (the “Winners”) will be chosen via a lucky draw from the list of successful registrants who attended the Event by the Organiser at its sole discretion.
9. Participants who successfully register for the Event on or before 28 February 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT+8:00) will triple their chance to win in the Contest.Prizes
10. The Winners will each win a pair of Economy Class Singapore Airlines or SilkAir tickets between China and Singapore (return trip) (“the Prize”). The Prize is exclusive of airport and other taxes, fees and charges. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other prizes. The Prize is subject to any accompanying terms and conditions (including any stipulations as to flight routes/timings by Singapore Airlines or Silkair). The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any alternative prize without prior notice. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the Prize winnings.
11. The Winners will be announced on 6 May 2019 by 2359 hrs (GMT +8:00). The announcement will be made by the Organiser on the Singapore Day Website, Facebook Page and/or Instagram/WeChat accounts. The Winners will be notified by electronic mail and provided with details as to how to claim the Prize. The Organiser reserves the right to require the Winners to produce proof of identity, citizenship, age, and registration/E-Ticket for the Event to claim their Prize.
12. If the Prize is not successfully claimed by 19 May 2019, 2359 hrs (GMT +8:00), it will be forfeited to the Organiser and the winner of the Prize shall have no claim whatsoever on the Prize. The Organiser is not obliged to offer any such unclaimed Prize to any other Participant.
13. It is the Participants’ responsibility to ensure that the electronic mail address provided when registering for the Event is a valid address. The Participants accept that the Organiser’s responsibility for notifying a Winner of his/her Prize shall be discharged upon the Organiser sending an electronic mail to the electronic mail address provided by the Participant when registering for the Event.
14. By registering for the Event, a Participant consents to receiving publications and information sent by the Organiser. A Participant may, by notice in writing, subsequently inform the Organiser that he/she no longer wishes to receive such publications and information. The Participants also irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the Organiser using their names, photographs, images with accompanying captions for publicity purposes through any media, including, but not limited to, print, broadcast and online media.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to forfeit any Prize and to dispose of the forfeited Prize at its sole discretion if the Winner is disqualified under these Terms and Conditions to participate in the Contest, and such Participant shall have no claim over such Prize.
16. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Contest for reasons beyond its control. The Organiser (including its employees, officers, agents and assigns) shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage relating to or arising from the Contest (including cancellation of the Contest) or the Prize awarded, regardless of the cause and reason, to the extent permitted by law.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Participants hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.